Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Turning the Big 3

So Brennan turned the big 3 yesterday. While I am sad that he is growing up, I laugh at his ever growing humor and personality.

For example, Thursday morning Grandma showed up for his birthday weekend. The first thing out of his mouth was "You didn't bring me my birthday cake." Then came the
Hi Grandma" and the hugs and kisses.

So on Friday night, we were all sitting around having a good time visiting with each other and making the kids laugh. Well Aaron kept telling Brennan to lick grandma's feet (I know gross). Well Grandma kept hiding her feet in the couch cushions. So I decide to help. I held Grandma's legs still while Brennan gave her a good lick, from ankle bone to toes. Then without missing a beat he looked at me and said, "Good job Mommy. High Five!" I think we all about peed our pants on that one.

Then comes another boy gross moment. Grandma decided to air herself out (passed gas) and Brennan stuck his head under her legs (she was laying on the couch) and while we are all telling him no, he says "I see light." So then my husband, the loving man he is, tells my son to stay away from the light.

On Saturday was the big birthday party. Brennan had fun playing with his friends and his grandparents. When it was time to open presents, he was so excited. Opening them one by one, he couldn't contain his excitement for the trucks, the "shoop" toys (a Toy Story worm boot shooter - don't ask), and the Thomas and Friends train stuff. He then takes the bike helmet out of the bag from Grandpa. I put it on his head and Aaron came into the room with his bike. Dead serious he says, "I no want that." We all laugh and explain that it is his. He told us to take it back. Now we didn't do that of course and now he has been riding up and down the back patio for a couple days. He loves it after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment